Friday, May 15, 2009

14,437

The 2005 U.S. Census showed there are approximately 14,437 people living in the City of Callaway.  Now, that's just Callaway.  This doesn't include the rest of Bay County (Panama City, Springfield, Lynn Haven, or Cedar Grove).  


Here are my questions:

1) How many of those 14,437 people are Christians?
Let's say 10,000 are Christians.  I'm sure this is a far cry from the truth, but for the sake of argument, let's just say 10,000.  That means within Callaway alone, about 4,500 people will spend eternity in the reality of Hell.

2) What are we going to do about it?
I don't know.  But at some point, someone's got to take this seriously.  Let's stop worrying if the church in another city is growing.  Let's focus on own city.  There are plenty of lost souls to go around!  Jesus doesn't want ANY to perish.

Craig Groschel says, "To reach people that no one is reaching you have to do things that no one is doing."  I don't know what that means to you.  I honestly don't know what that means to me.  Is it a church problem?  Maybe.  Is it a people problem?  I don't know.  What I do know is that I am deeply, deeply disturbed with the realization that 4,500 people in my city will probably spend eternity in Hell.  Are you?


No comments:

Post a Comment