Monday, March 16, 2009

To Read or Not to Read



Mark Batterson really challenged me in a recent blog.  He said he's on track to read 100 books by year's end.  That's about 2 books per week.  I'm lucky to read 2 books a month. 

I'm not a fast reader.  Check that...I'm not a reader.  But I know a good leader is a learner.  This year my goal is 20 books.  Don't make fun.  How many will you read?

These are things I will do to make the process easier:

1) I'll choose 5 or 6 books, then pick the most desirable and put it last on my list.  It's a motivator...like a hanging carrot.
2) I've made a goal to read 2 chapters each day.  At that pace, I should be able to read at least 1 book per week.
3) I get a good mix of books (leadership, family, biographies, spiritual, etc).  This keeps it interesting.
4) I read authors who write in a way I enjoy.  It makes reading enjoyable.  Really...it is possible.
5) I try to find books that have unique formats (Uncensored by Jeanne Mayo).  Anything other than black and white pages stimulates my brain.  

No comments:

Post a Comment